News:

New Board:  Forum Support (Below Chandlery). Forum Support to submit any questions.

Main Menu

repowering cutting galley cabinet

Started by charlotte94, July 12, 2019, 01:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S/V AMITY

Somehow the PO of my 365 replaced the engine (W44B) & fuel tank without cutting up any of the galley.  Still haven't figured out how it was done.

Sandy

My fuel tank was a bugger, it was 43C when I cut it into pieces
I dont think my engine would come out without surgery

S/V AMITY

My growing suspicion is that some installers removed parts from the engine to make the profile smaller.  Would also make it lighter and easier to manhandle.

Jim S

That is the engine, but with the Paragon transmission, that I removed from Phantom is 2005,  I was able to remove the panel that holds the door frame.  This gave enough room to slide the entire engine and transmission through.  I was unable to remove the fuel tank through this hole, but now that I think about it, I did not turn the tank on its side.

I did not remove the starter motor which would give some relief.  It is a beast to move around but it can be done.  Probably weighs 500 pounds.
Jim S

Sandy

about 580 lbs if I recall
right on the limit for a 1/4 ton tackle

that tank is damn awkward
if it was 20" or so it would go through the sail locker, but once youve tried it you see its impossible
I still have to replace mine, but I keep vacillating on materials to make it from

charlotte94

thanks for the help guys.  my mech will try to remove without cutting first.   all your comments is appreciated   going to install a beta 35    The folks at beta say they have repowered several 365's and this works well.  it is also only 16 1/4 inches wide

charlotte94

Thanks again to everyone   The repower is done.  put in a beta35 and didn't have to cut the cabinet     Going to start another string with some of the final photos