Author Topic: '79 365  (Read 247 times)

S/V AMITY

• View Profile
    • Email
'79 365
« on: June 28, 2019, 10:49:22 PM »
  Just purchased 365 ketch.  Work needs to be done to straighten a few things out but the major items are sound.  600 hr. 4-108, V-drive lube water-free with no run-out. Cutlass & shaft & prop are new. 2005 aluminium 50g tank. Raymarine pilot, wind & nav.  Mast step good.  Bowsprit & rub-rail option. Davits with 180W solar on top.  Deck wash.  Moisture readings elevated around windlass and a couple of deck fittings and around main mast penetration.  Sea Frost cold plate reefer.  Cabin interior needs freshening. Sails will get a trip to the loft for maintenance but are serviceable for now.  Varnish on rails & around cockpit blown but that's easily addressed. Good un-molested boat.

ZULU40

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: '79 365
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 06:29:47 AM »
sounds good
check the condition of the mast step
Further South than South is
Hull #103

S/V AMITY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 08:08:57 AM »
  A bit of corrosion but at some point it appears someone had cleaned up the step and put rust primer on it... which now has begun to fail in places.  Masts are coming down this fall which will give me an opportunity to re-hab the step.

ZULU40

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 10:21:50 AM »
ok, I can say its probably worse than it looks so count on replacing it
make sure the mast rake is right, and if it is mark the position of the foot of the mast carefully
If yours is a ketch I think the masthead is supposed to be trailing aft about 6"
I fabbed one out of stainless for Zaya, but I really think aluminium is best, better yet if its the same grade material as the mast
replace the bolts and use tefgel when inserting them

Further South than South is
Hull #103

S/V AMITY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 03:43:46 PM »
Will be pulling the step out this fall so we'll see what shape its in.

S/V AMITY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 09:14:46 AM »
If anyone is keeping a list, Amity is hull no. 273.

Cleaning process in full gear.  Have a Westinghouse 2200W inverter/generator and a small pressure washer for cleaning up the decks & teak.  Pressure is high enough to strip the failed/peeling teak oil finish but low enough so as to not pit the teak.  Does a first rate job cleaning the non-skid molded pattern on the decks & cabin top.

Head area refreshed with all new hoses & breakers.  New diaphragm pumps installed for the fresh water system and the deck wash.  Next on the list is to get into the dock & get fresh water aboard to begin sanitizing the tanks.