News:

New Board:  Forum Support (Below Chandlery). Forum Support to submit any questions.

Main Menu

Number 10

Started by SV Hooligan, October 16, 2016, 08:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SV Hooligan

Hi everyone, I'm new on here and very excited to participate in the sharing of info and learning here. We purchased PH 365 #10 almost two years ago now. When we bought her, the previous to the previous owner (two owners back) had done an extensive refit. The boat was purchased in California and hauled by truck to British Columbia Canada.
Some of the work done is a completely rebuilt pilot house including new Sea Glaze windows and extensive interior wood work. The hull was completely insulated with spray foam, brand new teak toe rails with new 1/14" stanchions mounted on top of the rails for more walking room as well as six layers of barrier coat as well as a complete paintjob topsides.
When we purchased her, I was told the engine was a Perkins 4-108. I quickly learned after the purchase that it was in fact not a Perkins. It was a BMC 1800, very hard to get parts. Even though it ran fine, I decided to re-power. I found a brand new Kubota V2003T in Saskatchewan that I marinised myself and mated to a new Twin Disc transmission. We have done tons of other upgrades to her but I won't bother with that right now, just glad to be on here  :)
"Hooligan" 365 Pilothouse
Jake
Red Deer AB Canada

Hi Jake and welcome to the forum!

I've seen photos of #10 before and she looks like she's had an amazing refit.  Keen to hear more about her!

~ Chris

SV Hooligan

Yes, she was for sale on the west coast for a while before we bought her privately.
Jake
Red Deer AB Canada

P69

Jake,

which Twin Disc did you use? I've got a Hurth and seems to work but all I've heard lots of bad stories of hurth gearboxes and am slowly lining up a replacement for the day when the hurth dies.

SV Hooligan

I went with the MG-360 2:1. I also installed the cooler while I was at it. The MG 360 is rated for 60 hp and I read good reviews on it as opposed to some of the others. Time will tell but so far so good  :)
Jake
Red Deer AB Canada

JMB

Jake - Hope you post pictures so we can all get ideas for future projects - welcome aboard!!
John Ballinger
1980 365 Pilothouse
Springtide