News:

New Board:  Forum Support (Below Chandlery). Forum Support to submit any questions.

Main Menu

Preheat, start and fuel shutoff

Started by Doubloon, February 18, 2024, 01:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doubloon

Buttons need new rubber covers and cut off has cracked the plastic of the recessed bolted on insert. Wondering if there is a source for the plastic piece and rubber button covers?

SVJourney

Welcome on your first post!

I don't think the cover is stock.  Certainly mine didn't look like that.  If it is plastic, you could have someone 3D print a new one.  If it is fiberglass, you could repair it from behind.

I think you will end up getting new buttons instead of covers.  But maybe West Marine?
https://www.westmarine.com/bep-marine-screw-on-rubber-push-button-cover-17951211.html

Wayne
www.GalleyWenchTales.com is our cruising blog.

S/V Deo Volente

You could reinforce the panel from behind, maybe put a SS fender washer under the stop button for cosmetics.
You could replace the switches with new caps.
Switch Link
"S/V Deo Volente"
Pearson 365 Pilothouse
Hull #17 1980
Duluth Minnesota
Bob

Dale Tanski

My boat has that little recessed panel.  I moved the engine shut off pull to under the rear cockpit lid and put the START button in that hole.  The inner holes, (Start & Preheat) I installed a water temp gauge as I eliminated the Westerbeke panel altogether.  The tack was shot and the gauges were crappy looking.
Those rubber button covers are I believe a MARINCO part and are still available.  If you want I can check and let you know what they cost.
Dale
"Maruska"
Pearson 365 Cutter Ketch
1976 Hull #40
Buffalo, N.Y.

Jordan

Quote from: Dale Tanski on February 27, 2024, 09:01:43 AMMy boat has that little recessed panel.  I moved the engine shut off pull to under the rear cockpit lid and put the START button in that hole.  The inner holes, (Start & Preheat) I installed a water temp gauge as I eliminated the Westerbeke panel altogether.  The tack was shot and the gauges were crappy looking.
Those rubber button covers are I believe a MARINCO part and are still available.  If you want I can check and let you know what they cost.
Dale

Dale, you got more info on that? My tach and hour meter are shot, and I didn't think I want to replace it. And having the controls somewhere easier to access sounds amazing

S/V Legacy

I've considered relocating the engine shutoff / start panel. I've on a number of occasions kicked it wit my shin, and it hurts like hell  :o . I'm shocked I haven't broken it yet to be honest.
Scott May
1980- 365 Ketch #307
S/V Legacy